Peoples Bank & Trust Co. has an opening for a FT Accounting Representative at the Troy, MO location. Please see the below job description for duties and responsibilities. Hours for this position are listed below. Please note, this position requires working rotating weekends.
JOB TITLE: Accounting Representative
DATE: August 2022
DEPARTMENT: Accounting Department
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
To be considered for this position, please complete a PBT application www.pbtc.net
SKILLS REQUIRED: Excellent communication skills and customer service skills. Must
be computer literate and knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows. Requires good
proofreading skills and attention to detail. Requires the ability to handle multiple projects
and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
JOB SUMMARY: Requires knowledge of accounting procedures and ability to answer
customers’ questions regarding accounts. Ability to understand various reports and
generate ledger entries as required. Cross-trained as jobs are rotated weekly.
Requires a sound knowledge of the Bank’s established procedures, methods, and policies
Weeks without weekend rotation
Monday--Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Weeks with weekend rotation
Monday--Wednesday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - noon
Schedules are subject to change depending on the needs of the bank.
1. Provide excellent customer service both in person and over the telephone to customers regarding account information.
2. Return ACH thru Fed Line and Adjustments and Return Large Dollar Returns
3. Monitor account information through Core and various Accounting Reports
4. Operate folding machine and postage machine
5. Check Data Entry on New Accounts and Maintenance to Accounts
6. Complete credit reports
7. Monitor checks over $2,000
8. Process incoming and outgoing cash letter returns
9. File account information in organized manner
10. Knowledgeable of banking laws and regulations and Bank’s policies and procedures including BSA
11. Monitor Warnings, Stops and Holds on accounts through Core
12. Process Canadian deposits and Other Collections
13. Process ACH corrections and non-posted items and NSF Processing items
14. Balance GL Accounts and understand Overdraft Privilege System
15. Maintain/Checking CD & IRA work from New Accounts, personal and filing.
Research errors and work with branches on error correction. Research CD/IRA
questions for customers and branches.
16. Perform other tasks/duties requested by supervisor as they relate to the Bank and its
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Requires a high school education or equivalent work
experience that demonstrates the ability to read, write, interpret and apply instructions
to perform the required activities. Should have strong mathematical aptitude and the
ability to use a calculator, computer and other office equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to operate office machines, lift/carry large
trays, Ability to speak legibly over the telephone and in person.
External applicants should submit a PB&T Application by Friday, January 6, 2023
Peoples Bank & Trust Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.