Experienced Metal Draftsman & Job Estimator
Family-Owned Job Shop is seeking a dependable full-time Draftsman/Estimator to become an integral part of our team! We are a job-shop that specializes in custom metal fabrication, services we offer include but not limited to welding, fabricating, drawing, cutting, industrial maintenance & machine shop.
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running - a self-starter, detail-oriented, able to take initiative, problem solver and wear multiple hats. The candidate will assist with metal work design, fabrication drafting, estimating jobs, purchasing materials, be willing to expand & learn new skills, and work in a shop environment when needed.
- Prepare thorough and detailed drawings for metal fabrication, assembly, and installation to meet all standards.
- Ability to create, read and interpret drawing from written & verbal instructions.
- Communicate effectively to all customers & vendors both verbally and in writing.
- Works with shop supervisor/manager to ensure drawings and projects are completed on time.
- Calculating estimate cost of materials from detailed drawings
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- 2 yrs. + Experience with AutoCAD 2D, Inventor 3D
- 2 yrs. + Estimating experience is a must.
- Mastercam experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of metal fabrication, welding, machining, and manufacturing processes
- Proficient in operating HAAS CNC machines and other similar equipment is a plus.
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm, overtime when required.
Good work ethic and outstanding attendance is a must. Pay is based on experience.
Benefits (after 90 days) include:
Health insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays & Vacation.
Apply in Person or by email:
Office Hours: M-F 8-4
Swafford-Kientzy Machine & Fabrication, Inc.
221 S. Moore School Rd.
Troy, MO 63379
**To be considered you must submit the following:
Cover Letter - stating how your work history and experience matches our qualifications.
Resume - Ideal candidate will have the following experience: 2+ years AutoCAD experience, 2+ years
Inventor experience, blueprint reading, metal fabrication, manufacturing, job shop knowledge.