The Troy Police Department is now Hiring!
We are seeking applications to hire/add full-time police officers to our team of professionals. If you are motivated and looking to work in a quickly growing and pro-police atmosphere of approximately 14,000 residents, then the City of Troy is for you!
The Troy Police Department is a Veteran Affair (VA) certified on-the-job training, or federally approved apprenticeship program sponsor, which provides those who have, or currently serving our armed forces an alternative way to utilize their GI Bill benefits for up to twenty-four (24) months to qualifying candidates, allowing you to get paid by the VA and the department.
- Starting hourly pay can range from $25.45 to $26.08 based off prior law enforcement experience while working a forty-two (42) hour workweek.
- L3 LAGERS Pension Plan
- Voluntary 457 Retirement Plan in Addition to LAGERS Pension is available
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Overtime
- Compensatory Time
- Five (5) Personal Days allotted per year
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave Benefits that top out at Seven Hundred-Twenty (720) hours
- Tuition Reimbursement
- VA On-the-Job Training Provider (Military Veterans)
- Twelve (12) Hour shifts provide every other weekend off (Three (3) Day Weekend)
- Twenty-one (21) years of age
- United States Citizen
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Felony or Major Misdemeanor Record
- Valid Missouri Driver's License
- Currently Enrolled/or a Graduate of a POST Certified Police Academy and holder of a Missouri POST Control Number